The Partners for Advancing Health Equity (P4HE) Resource Library is a virtual portal containing action-oriented health equity research, practice, and policies. The library aims to increase equity in health by offering free access to field-tested, evidence-informed and evidence-based programs strategies and high-quality research.
Read More about the Library Scope.
- Where we live shouldn’t determine how long or how well we live. Everyone should have the same opportunity to live the healthiest life possible but, in many areas across the country, persistent and systemic barriers to health and opportunity exist. Most data on health, the drivers of health, and health equity are organized at the county, state, or, more recently, city level. In contrast, data…January 2023Community-rooted/Participatory Research, Social Environment
- "It’s a job living here": A qualitative exploration of information motivation and behavioral skills (IMB) related to primary prevention of type 2 diabetes among middle-class African AmericansMiddle-class African Americans are generally ignored in Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) prevention efforts, because of presumed protective factors. However, middle-class African Americans often live with psychosocial stressors not traditionally associated with this socioeconomic position. This study examines influencers related to T2D prevention in this under-researched segment of the African American…January 2023Diabetes
- Looking Around The Corner: (Re)Imagining Power For A Healthy and Just California is a forward-looking project to envision what we can collectively achieve if we invest in movements. Distilled from the wisdom of the field, the report offers a blueprint for where to invest over the next 10 years as activists, organizations, and funders collectively steer towards creating a different future. …January 2023Advocacy, Systemic Determinants
- Medical-Legal Partnerships (MLPs) allow legal aid and healthcare workers to identify patients whose medical maladies might also be tied to civil legal issues. MLPs can help legal aid providers reach clients who would not normally connect with legal aid. An individual’s legal problems may exacerbate a patient’s medical condition. Addressing a patient’s legal issues can improve their health…January 2023Environmental/Community Health
- Detailing Action Kits contain clinical tools, resources for providers and patient education materials, promoting evidence-based best practices and chronic disease management. These materials are available for health care providers and their practices to help improve patient care related to key public health challenges. Clinical topics have been chosen largely because of their anticipated impact…January 2023Services & Programs
- Since 2015, the AAMC has produced an annual series of Community Engagement Toolkits in collaboration with our members and their communities. These toolkits provide unvarnished community perspectives on crucial issues and views about how our members can be better partners. The AAMC Collaborative for Health Equity: Act, Research, Generate Evidence (CHARGE) — the AAMC’s national collaborative of…January 2023Policy and Practice
- As we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic, with its waves of isolation, disconnection, and loss, the Coalition’s mission becomes critical – even now more than ever – in grounding ourselves in meaningful connection, resiliency, and belonging. The Coalition advocates for a comprehensive policy agenda that focuses on public awareness, social services, health services, innovation, and research. An…January 2023Interventions, Social/Structural Determinants
- Systems within communities—including medical care, public health, housing, education, transportation, justice, and human services—directly influence the health and well-being of community members. These systems often operate independently from each other, resulting in inefficient allocation of resources, lack or duplication of services, and poor service quality. These effects hamper systems'…January 2023Policy and Practice
- DPC performs work in healthcare advocacy, expert policy analysis, and participatory research to help support the community. They strive to share the perspectives of people with disabilities and make Massachusetts more accessible and inclusive. This booklet shares DPC's top legislative priorities, budget priorities, and other bills that they support.January 2023Policy and Practice
- Our Mission: NBEC creates transnational solutions that optimize Black maternal, infant, sexual, and reproductive wellbeing. We shift systems and culture through training, research, technical assistance, policy, advocacy, and community-centered collaboration. Our Vision: All Black mamas, their babies, and their villages THRIVE. (abbreviated author introduction) #P4HEwebinarMay2022January 2023Maternal/Child Health, Policy and Practice